Wholesome Stuffed Flank Steak
Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 15 min COOK: 25 min
TOTAL: 40 min SERVES: 4
1-2 pound flank steak
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounce bag baby spinach
1/4 cup raw pine nuts
1/4 chopped yellow onion
1 1/2 cups beef stock
Salt and black pepper to taste
1.Pound the flank steak with a meat tenderizer until flattened; season on both sides with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
3. Brown the pine nuts in the olive oil, about 3 minutes; remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Add the onion to the pan and sauté until tender. Add the spinach and sauté until wilted. Return the pine nuts to the pan and remove from heat.
5. Spread the spinach mixture on the flattened flank steak, leaving about a 1/2 inch gap around the edges. Roll up the flank steak and secure with 3 or 4 pieces of kitchen string.
6. Return the sauté pan to the heat and add additional olive oil if needed. Brown the flank steak on all sides. Add the beef stock, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or longer if you prefer the meat well done.