Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 15 min COOK: 1 hr 20 min
TOTAL: 1 hr 35 min SERVES: 6
1 large butternut squash, halved lengthwise
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 cup romano cheese, shredded
1/2 cup cream
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat the butternut squash halves with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes or until tender.
3. Remove the squash from the oven and allow to cool slightly, leave the oven at 375 degrees.
4. Remove the center portion of the flesh from the squash peels and transfer to a mixing bowl, leaving just enough flesh to maintain the shape of each peel. Set the bowl and peels aside.
5. Heat the olive oil and butter in a saute pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until tender. Remove from heat.
6. Add the onion mixture to the mixing bowl with the squash and add the cheeses and cream. Mash with a fork until ingredients are combined. Salt to taste.
7. Divide the stuffing between the peels and bake for 30 minutes or until the cheeses are melted and the top is lightly browned.