Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 15 min COOK: 40 min
TOTAL: 55 min SERVES: 4
1 small pie-size pumpkin
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
Pinch black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
2 tablespoons honey
Baby lettuce variety
4 tablespoons cranberries
4 ounces feta cheese
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Halve the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Place the pumpkin halves, cut side up, on a baking tray. Whisk the olive oil, sugar, salt, black pepper and thyme in a mixing bowl. Drizzle the mixture over the pumpkin halves.
3. Roast the pumpkin halves for 30 minutes or until cooked, yet firm. Remove the pumpkin from the oven and allow to cool.
4. Keep the oven heated at 375 degrees.
5. Combine the pecans and honey in a small mixing bowl. Spread the mixture on a baking tray.
6. Roast the pecans for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. To assemble the salad, fill each salad bowl with the baby lettuce variety. Cut the pumpkin flesh into 1/2-inch cubes, removing the peel, and arrange the cubed pumpkin on top of the lettuce.
8. Sprinkle the cranberries, pecans and feta over the salads. Drizzle the prepared dressing (instructions below) over each salad.
1. Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until slightly creamy in appearance.