Wholesome Roasted Beets with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 15 min COOK: 40 min
TOTAL: 55 min SERVES: 6-8
6 large beets
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
3 ounces chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Remove the roots and stems of the beets and peel. Cut the beets into thick slices.
3. Toss the beet slices, olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
4. Place the beet slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes.
5. Divide the goat cheese and walnuts between each beet slice and roast for another 10 minutes; serve immediately