Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 2 hr COOK: 15 min
TOTAL: 2 hr 15 min SERVES: 4
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 egg for egg wash, whisked
1 cup pumpkin puree
4 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon cloves
Sage Cream Sauce:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. For the pasta, combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the eggs and olive oil to the flour mixture and stir into a clumpy dough. Continue mixing the dough with your hands until it becomes more fully formed.
3. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 6 minutes. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and allow to rest on the countertop for at least 30 minutes.
4. Prepare the ravioli filling while the dough is resting. Combine the pumpkin puree and mascarpone cheese in a mixing bowl; stir. Add the salt, ginger and cloves and stir to combine; set aside.
5. Remove the rested dough from the plastic wrap and divide in half. Place one half of the dough back in the plastic wrap to prevent drying.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll out the first half of the dough on a lightly floured surface into a long rectangle to about 1/8-inch thickness.
7. Cover the rolled out half of the dough with plastic wrap to prevent drying. Repeat the rolling out process with the second half of the dough.
8. Place small mounds of the filling in rows with 1-inch spacing on the second half of the rolled out dough.
9. Brush the whisked egg on the dough between the filling mounds. Carefully position the other dough half on top. If needed, carefully stretch the dough to the edge of the lower dough portion.
10. Starting at one edge, create a seal by running your finger along the dough between the mounds of filling, pushing out any air as you go. Cut the ravioli pieces using a ravioli cutter or a sharp knife. Transfer the ravioli to a lightly floured dish towel and allow to rest for 1 hour.
11. When the ravioli are rested, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Boil the ravioli in batches for about 2 minutes on each side.
12. Begin preparing the sage cream sauce while the ravioli are cooking. Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the minced sage and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
13. Reduce heat to medium and add the cream. Allow the sauce to boil until thickened, about 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.