Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 25 min COOK: 10 min
TOTAL: 35 min SERVES: 8
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup sucanat OR brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 cup whipping cream
8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup honey
1 cup natural peanut butter
2 ounces chocolate, melted (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, oats, sucanat (or brown sugar), baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir to distribute ingredients evenly. Pour in the melted butter and stir until all ingredients are evenly coated.
3. Press the crust mixture firmly on the bottom and up the sides of a 9.5-inch pie pan.
4. Place the pie pan on the oven’s center rack and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Remove from oven and cool completely.
6. Whisk the whipping cream using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Transfer the whipped cream to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
7. Using an electric mixer, cream together the softened mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract and honey until smooth. Add the peanut butter and continue mixing until smooth.
8. Slowly fold the whipped cream in with the peanut butter mixture until fully combined.
9. Spread the filling in the cooled pie crust and smooth the top. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the pie filling, if desired.
10. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold.