Wholesome Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 15 min COOK: 20 min
TOTAL: 35 min MAKES: 12 muffins
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons poppyseeds
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
Zest of 1 Meyer lemon
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice + 2 cups powdered sugar
1 egg + 1 tablespoon water for egg wash
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and poppyseeds; stir and set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and then add the vanilla extract.
4. Add the ricotta, lemon juice and zest and continue mixing until combined. Alternate between adding the flour mixture and the milk.
5. Divide the batter between muffin tin liners. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Whisk 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice with the powdered sugar to create the icing. Adjust the icing’s thickness by adding more juice or powdered sugar as needed. Drizzle the icing over the cooled muffins.