Wholesome Lemon Custard Roasted Blueberries
Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 15 min COOK: 30 min
TOTAL: 45 min SERVES: 8
6 egg yolks, room temperature
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whipping cream
1 pint blueberries
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Place egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice and zest in a medium saucepan. Warm over low heat, slowing adding chunks of the butter. Whisk constantly until the butter is melted. Continue whisking and heating for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens.The mixture should coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and cool. Transfer to a lidded container and refrigerate until cold.
2. When the lemon curd is cold, whisk the whipping cream using stand or hand mixer. Slowly add 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla extract. Continue whisking until stiff peaks form.
3. Fold the whipped cream in with the lemon curd until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Just before serving, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Place the blueberries in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. Roast for 10 minutes or until the blueberries begin releasing their juices.
6. Divide the lemon custard between ramekins, top with the roasted blueberries and serve immediately.