Wholesome Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cakes
Recipes by Chef Jeni of Sioux Falls
Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 15 min COOK: 35 min
TOTAL: 50 min SERVES: 12 cakes
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup white sugar
9 oz dark chocolate chips (1.5 standard 12 oz bags)
8 tablespoons butter, softened and cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease 12, 4-ounce ramekins and set aside.
3. Heat the water, salt, and sugar together in a saucepan until completely dissolved. Set aside.
4. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Beat in the pieces of butter until combined. Beat in the hot sugar and water mixture, and then the eggs, one at a time.
5. Fill each of the ramekins 2/3 full and place them in a cake pan. With boiling water, fill the cake pan until the level reaches half way up the sides of the ramekins (be careful not to get water into the chocolate filled ramekins). Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until the cakes are set and have puffed up a bit. Garnish with fresh fruit and/or powdered sugar.
NOTE: This batter can be made ahead of time and baked up to 3 days later. Also, the cakes can be baked, covered, stored in the fridge, and served up to 3 days later.