Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 30 min COOK: 20 min
TOTAL: 50 min SERVES: 6-8
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
Juice from the mandarin oranges (reserve 2
tablespoons of the juice for the cream cheese
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Cream cheese spread
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons juice saved from mandarin oranges
8 ounces canned mandarin oranges, drained with
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
1 banana, peeled and sliced
Handful of grapes, sliced in thirds
1 cup strawberries, de-stemmed and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Cut the butter in with the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles crumbs. Add the vanilla and mix until fully combined.
3. Firmly press the crust into the bottom of the greased 9 x 13 baking pan and slightly up the sides of the pan.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust is very lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
5. Glaze: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, juice from the mandarin oranges (be sure to reserve 2 tablespoons of the juice for the cream cheese spread), corn starch, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook on medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat and cool completely.
6. Cream cheese spread: Using your stand mixer or handheld mixer, cream together the sugar, 2 tablespoons juice from the mandarin oranges and softened cream cheese. Blend until creamy and smooth.
7. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture on the cooled crust. Arrange the various fruit slices evenly on top of the cream cheese spread.
8. Pour the cooled glaze over the fruit pieces and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.