Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 10 min COOK: 30 min
TOTAL: 40 min SERVES: 6
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 celery stalks, cut into small slices
1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
10 cups dried bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in a large saute pan on medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery, sage and thyme and saute until the celery is tender.
3. Place the bread cubes in a large bowl and add the celery mixture; stir to combine and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and pour the chicken broth evenly on top.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is crispy and lightly browned.