Wholesome Carrot Cake Muffins
Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 10 min COOK: 15 min
TOTAL: 25 min SERVES: 6
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup crushed pineapple,
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, honey and yogurt.
4. Add the shredded carrots, walnuts, raisins and pineapple to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined, don’t over mix.
6. Divide the batter between the holders of a muffin tin, filling each nearly to the top.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and the centers are set.