Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 10 min COOK: 10 min
TOTAL: 20 min SERVES: 8
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 1/4 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat a griddle on medium-high.
2. Combine the flour, salt, sugar and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
3. Whisk the buttermilk, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just blended to create a smooth batter.
5. Grease the griddle and ladle the batter onto the griddle in circles about 2 inches apart, using about 1/3 cup for each pancake.
6. Flip the pancakes when bubbles appear on top and the pancakes are slightly dry around the edges. Continue cooking until golden brown on each side.
7. Repeat with the remaining batter and serve the pancakes warm.
tip: Don’t have any buttermilk on hand? Combine 2 tablespoons white vinegar with 2 1/4 cups regular milk and let sit for five minutes to easily create the buttermilk needed for this recipe.