Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 15 min COOK: 30 min
TOTAL: 45 min SERVES: 6
3 cups natural apple juice, not from concentrate
1 cup 7-grain cereal
1 cup old-fashioned oats
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sucanat OR honey
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large apple, peeled, cored and sliced into small chunks
Turbinado sugar for topping, optional
1. The evening before you plan to prepare the recipe, combine the apple juice, 7-grain cereal and oats in a large mixing bowl. Place in the fridge overnight to soften the grains.
2. The next morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, baking powder, cinnamon, sucanat (or honey), applesauce, salt and apple chunks to the 7-grain cereal mixture and stir to combine.
4. Dump the mixture into a 9-inch square baking dish.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is set. During the final 5 minutes of baking time, sprinkle the turbinado sugar on top, if using.