Wholesome Asparagus Frittata
Recipe Print & Download
PREP: 10 min COOK: 15 min
TOTAL: 25 min SERVES: 4
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 of a small red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bundle fresh asparagus, tough ends removed
6 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup grated parmesan
1. Heat olive oil on medium-high in a 10-inch sauté pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes or until the onion is tender. Add the asparagus and sauté until tender; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2. Reposition the oven tray to the second highest position and preheat oven on broil setting.
3. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until foamy. Add the milk, salt and pepper and whisk until incorporated. Melt the butter in the previously used sauté pan on medium-high heat.
4. Add the egg mixture to the sauté pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the bottom and edges of the eggs are set. The center will still be runny.
5. Remove from the heat and arrange the onion and asparagus mixture over the eggs. Sprinkle the parmesan on top.
6. Place the sauté pan in the oven and broil until the eggs are cooked and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Check frequently to prevent burning.